July 1, 2020
UPDATE: We are open and local wineries are still operating. The newest order by Governor Newsom announced today only closed indoor spaces of wineries not the entire facility so wine tours are still happening and wineries are still operating.
June 3, 2020
Silk Road Transportation Covid-19 Safety Protocol.
Effective now until further notice.
Thank you for your interest in booking with Silk Road Transportation. We will be honored to serve you and cannot wait to exceed your expectations. As we navigate through these uncertain times, we ask for your understanding and patience as we implement new ways of doing business for your safety as well as ours.
First and foremost, we want you to rest assured knowing that your well-being is our #1 priority.
As part of our new protocols, we would like to inform you of all the safety measures we are taking to ensure your time with us is safe and fun. Please review our COVID-19 guidelines and note that after your booking is complete, a separate email will be sent with a link to our health questionnaire form where it can be easily completed and submitted online prior to your event date.
- Chauffeurs report their temperature and certify their health to our main office prior to beginning every shift.
- During vehicle inspection, prior to the pick-up time for your scheduled event, all vehicles are thoroughly disinfected with special care given to high-touch areas.
- When booking a vehicle that offers a mini bar service, please note that a reduced number of beverages will be stocked at the beginning of your trip to avoid unnecessary/unused items needing disinfectant at the end of your booking. We are happy to restock your beverages during your event. Should restocking be required, please let your chauffeurs know.
- Glassware inside vehicles has been replaced with disposable cups to avoid cross contamination.
- Chauffeurs will have hand sanitizer available and will offer it to each passenger upon initially entering the vehicle and when reentering the vehicle after each stop.
- Masks are required to be worn while entering and exiting all vehicles.
- If you reserved a smaller vehicle, such as a Sedan or SUV, or a vehicle that doesn’t have a partition we request that you continue to wear your mask while inside vehicle. For larger vehicles separated by a partition, guests are not required to keep masks on while inside the vehicle but certainly may do so if they wish.
- Chauffeurs are required to wear their masks during the entirety of their shift.
- Vehicle A/C will always be set to draw from outside air instead of recirculating the air in the vehicle.
- Unless absolutely necessary, our chauffeurs are required to maintain a “no-touch” level of service with guests at all times.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding while we are all adjusting to the new policies and procedures.
The Silk Road Team.
April 27, 2020
This is an extremely stressful and crazy time, but we hope everyone is staying as healthy as they can. We know that we are already planning what we are going to do after this ends so we want to make sure Silk Road is there for you when you need it! Being there for you has always been our main goal! Whether you are looking for a wine tour for when quarantine is over or you need a safe and clean transportation method, we are here for you.
Our vehicles are cleaned and sanitized before and after every use. Because of this, we allow only 1 ride per day. If you need to travel with us, we want you to know that we take your health and safety very seriously.
If you are looking at booking a wine tour…don’t wait! Our summer calendar is already filling up with rescheduled bookings! Anyone who books a wine tour in the next 3 weeks for the dates of July 1, 2020 – February 2021 will receive a 10% off discount! We know making plans right now seems daunting, so we want to make it feel as riskless as possible. Give us a call today to book!
March 17, 2020
In light of Governor Gavin Newsom’s difficult, but necessary decision yesterday, local wineries are now closed.
The health and safety of our passengers, partners, and employees is our top priority.
If you have a reservation with Silk Road Transportation in March 2020 and you’re affected by the wineries closures we will unfortunately not be able to serve you on the scheduled date. As more updates come our way we will be able to update customers scheduled on further months.
We understand that your trip to wine country is being postponed. If you are able, please consider moving your tour to a later date rather than getting a refund. If you do decide to move your date to a later date rather than getting a refund we are offering a free extra hour onto your tour or a free charcuterie board. Please, contact us today if you would like to reschedule your reservation for a later date.
It is very rare when a situation occurs that affects everyone globally. We are living such a time. This is a very difficult situation, and we are are trying to find a compromise for both ends of the situation as you can imagine this situation will have a heavy toll on small businesses like us.
Our sense of community is stronger than any virus could ever be, and we aim to ensure that all staff, customers, and partners are able to get what they need, while keeping yours and our health and safety in mind along the way.
We wish you and those close to you the best of health and look forward to serving you soon! We appreciate your understanding and are dedicated to continuing to provide you with the highest level of service that you have come to expect.
March 10, 2020
We understand the concerns surrounding COVID-19. We wanted to address what steps Silk Road Transportation is taking to ensure a clean and safe experience for all of our customers.
The health and safety of our passengers, partners, and employees is our top priority. As questions and concerns arise as a result of COVID-19 (commonly referred to as Coronavirus), Silk Road has taken a number of precautionary measures to provide the highest level of protection for our customers and staff. A thorough cleaning of vehicle interior surfaces with Clorox or bleach-based disinfectant wipes is conducted following each ride, and all company working areas are cleaned and disinfected daily.
Furthermore, we have instructed all employees to seek medical attention immediately if they feel unwell, and we do not allow sick employees to report for work under any circumstances.
You may notice some changes to your regular service as a result of these precautions, such as the removal of all printed and reading materials from the seat-back pockets, the cessation of candy, mints, water or beverage offerings that are not individually packaged or sealed unless requested, and the limiting of all physical material sharing between passengers and drivers wherever possible.
We appreciate your understanding and are dedicated to continuing to provide you with the highest level of service that you have come to expect.
We wish you the best of health and look forward to serving you soon!